Food Regulatory Specialist
Location : Lyndhurst NJ US 07071
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20388-AB1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/10/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Chemistry
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Food Regulatory Specialist to support global expansion by interpreting and applying international regulations for food ingredients and formulations to ensure those manufactured can be added to global customers' manufacturing processes.
- Ensure compliance with trade and regulations with classifying Global tariffs, review of international food regulations, defining product clearances / requirements, and providing guidance to the technical group for new product development.
- Provide customer support by responding to customer regulatory inquiries and communicate status to Sales and Marketing teams.
- Responsible for raw material data acquisition from suppliers, developing and maintaining a database listing material global clearances (WERCS, Lotus Notes, Sharepoint).
- Generate and maintain global SDS and labels with existing WERCS implementation.
- Review and update updating documents to meet country specific requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in food or personal care industry formulations with regulatory responsibilities.
- Experience with and knowledge of international food regulations.
- Experience with performance chemical additives, ideally food intermediates and formulations.
- Project and program management experience.
- Ability to improve processes and procedures.
- Superior PowerPoint, Word, Excel and WERCS skills. SAP experience preferred.
- Limited travel.
Contact: Allan Berman