FPGA Hardware Engineer - DO-254
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20332-MM1
Compensation : open - 60-75/h
Start Date : 10/20/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Electrical, Computer or Electronics Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Hardware Engineer for FPGA and ASIC Design & Verification.
- Responsible for the development, design, verification and integration of FPGA and/or ASIC based solutions in support to next generation inertial measurement and navigation products / solutions for use in aircraft, UAV's, missiles, land vehicles, and sea platforms for both commercial and military markets.
- Development of requirements based HDL design and verification with a solid understanding of the FPGA and ASIC development process.
- Utilize simulation and implementation tools associated with the FPGA and ASIC development process.
- Execute in all phases of development: concept, requirements, design, implementation verification, hardware integration, and product support.
- Define, implement, and conduct continuous improvement activities within the Electrical Design group and engineering department.
- Support new business pursuits and proposal preparation that address program technical requirements and associated schedule and costs of the electrical design function.
- Support Bid and Proposal efforts including Cost Estimating and Technical Writing.
- Perform project planning and control.
- Managing and reporting on the technical schedule and cost for the assigned project activities.
Required Qualifications :
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in HDL design and verification.
- Experience with Xilinx, Microsemi, Synopsys, and Mentor Graphics.
- Knowledge (proficiency preferred) Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, DOORs, System Verilog for Verification (UVM), DO-254 Experience, Scripting.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, develop, and verify HDL designs that support system development.
- Ability to work within a cross functional team in the definition of electrical design level requirements beginning with customer requirements specification and then decomposing to the end item system and associated electrical specification.
- Ability to define, implement, and perform integration and verification testing of the end-item (hardware and firmware tests) which validate requirements in a lab and/or field environment.
- Ability to travel 25% for customer and internal reviews and meetings.
- Must be a US citizen as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Mark Manz