General Manager - Aerospace
Location : Northern New Jersey
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20927-MK1
Compensation : 175000.00 - 200000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/01/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a General Manager to manage company’s business activities with a focus on operations and production while developing and implementing business strategies and programs to increase operational efficiencies and grow the company.
- Responsible for oversight and management of multiple departments, including Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Sales and reporting key performance indicators to executive management.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies.
- Direct and coordinate all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals for business profitability and growth objectives.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward goals and objectives.
- Develop the annual budget, in coordination with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Present the annual budget: orders, revenues, operating income, capital expenditures to the CEO for approval.
- Establish and manage company metrics and KPIs at corporate level and per division.
- Meet annual budgets and corporate performance metrics.
- Oversee key corporate projects, processes and performance reports.
- Develop and propose long and short-term strategic plan for growth to the company CEO.
- Present plan to streamline operations, increase product throughput and maximize production planning.
- Develop the manufacturing plan to ensure that products conform to established engineering, customer and company quality standards.
- Actively manage industrial safety in the operation of the plant and warehouses.
- Manages the sites' environmental sustainability and compliance with all government regulations and internal rules.
- Coordinate with HR of the hiring, onboarding and training of key management personnel.
- Together with HR, provide support to the extended team, ensuring proper training is provided to employees to guarantee individual and team performance at every level.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering required, MS preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a General Manager or similar executive role in manufacturing operations.
- Hands-on manufacturing operations experience required.
- Prior Engineering or Production Management experience required in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in military or Department of Defense industries, highly preferred.
- AS 9100 experience and a good quality background required
- Experience planning, budgeting and profit/loss responsibility.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (Finance, Procurement, Operations, etc.)
- Strong leadership qualities and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
Contact: Monique Kleiman