Hardware Engineer - Security Systems / Access Control
Location : Merrick NY US 11566
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20860-JF-JT1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/28/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Hardware Engineer who will research, design, develop and bring to market multiple security products, from concept to mass market scale.
- Conduct hardware R&D for commercial and industrial security systems / access control systems.
- Upgrade existing products based on new technical requirements.
- Lead Hardware R&D of Access Control Systems for financial and commercial facilities.
- Design systems with cutting-edge low power mini radar sensors.
- Implement microcontrollers with multiple peripheral devices and tuner devices (RS232 and RS485).
- Design and implement NFC, Bluetooth, and lower power radar at the component level.
- Product testing for FCC A/B approval.
- Responsible for multilayer PCB design.
- Optimize product cost and durability.
- Redesign existing products to improve EMI, EMC, ESD and lower production costs.
- Create bill of materials (BOM), supporting purchasing and sales team to monitor inventory.
- Certify products for FCC, UL and CE.
Required Qualifications :
- BS or MS in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum 5 years in design analog and digital or mixed mode circuits with schematic capture and board layout software.
- Minimum 5 years experience with multilayer PCB design manufacturing process.
- Minimum 5 years experience with wireless design, Bluetooth and NFC.
- Strong development skills with a broad scope of 8- and 32-bit microcontroller-based architecture.
- Experience with Firmware R&D and source code evaluation.
- Experience with rapid prototyping cycles.
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability and scale-up principles is a plus.
- Experience with sensors design and characterization is a plus.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks enclosure design collaboration with mechanical team is a plus.
- Prior work in security or other regulated industries is a plus.
- Experience with microcontroller communication protocols (I2C, SPI, RS485/RS232 and USB) is a plus.
- Experience with FCC and UL complaint is a plus.
- Experience firmware C programming on Microchip and ST microcontrollers is a plus.
- Soldering experience including surface mount components is a plus.
Contact: John Terkovich