Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Location : Buchanan NY US 10511
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20799-MK1
Compensation : open - 100-135k
Start Date : 11/16/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Chemical
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer for operations, maintenance and capital project management in a process plant environment.
- Work closely with the site Electrical & Instrumentation engineer and contractor resources for electrical maintenance support of operations.
- Drive continuous improvement in the documentation and execution of the site's Mechanical Integrity program.
- Programs include Arc Flash, Grounding & Bonding, IR Thermal Imaging and Preventive Maintenance.
- Identify opportunities for instrumentation and control improvements that will increase productivity, increase process repeatability, reduce cost, and/or reduce risk of employee exposure.
- Develop, justify and implement projects.
- Support the site's efforts directed at the development and implementation of an automation strategy to drive improvements in process control.
- Provide engineering support for the development of capital projects.
- Support the site Officer of Automation Security to develop and manage related policies and procedures.
- Identify, evaluate and make recommendations regarding new process control technologies.
- Participate in and lead teams in support of optimizing plant processes for quality, cost, reliability and productivity.
- Develop, execute and manage small capital projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience operations and maintenance working with industrial electrical systems 480VAC to 5VDC in a process environment.
- Experience with the specification, configuration and operational troubleshooting of process control instrumentation.
- Working knowledge of the use and application of PLCs, DCS, and process data systems.
- Experience with project management for process control systems.
- Experience with process control network architecture desired.
- Ability to lead all phases of capital projects, including scope development, cost estimating, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing environment preferred.
Contact: Monique Kleiman