Inventory Control / Logistics Specialist
Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19486-BZ1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Purchasing / Inventory Control Specialist for international shipping, inventory control and purchasing.
- Management of Infor Visual ERP inventory system.
- Inventory coordination for use on all domestic and international projects.
- Inventory planning and purchase order responsibility to provide the manufacturing facility with a detailed production schedule to satisfy customer orders.
- Liaison between internal Production at manufacturing facility, Sales, Engineering Project
- Managers, Accounting & Warehouse departments to supply project demand and meet delivery
- Coordinator for all international shipments worldwide and working with international shipping lines and freight forwarders.
- Coordinate shipping schedule from company's warehouses taking into consideration daily warehouse activity.
- Prepare shipping documents including bills of lading, packing lists, container lists, etc.
- Provide internal departments with shipping estimates based upon project delivery terms.
- Manage shipping claims from submission to closure.
- Respond to personnel regarding stock inquiries.
- Process purchase orders and place orders with vendors.
- Manage and follow up on supply of open orders.
- Process RFPs and RFQs for new and current accounts. Source new vendors as needed.
- Negotiate cost savings with vendors.
- Manage non-conforming supplies from vendors.
- Manage vendor contracts and analyze performance of outside suppliers.
- Participate in internal audit and physical inventory.
Required Qualifications :
- Experience with inventory control, purchasing and shipping logisitics for domestic and international shipping.
- Experience with ERP inventory systems.
- Experience with international shipping and freight forwarding.
- Experience processing purchasing orders.
- Experience with negotiating cost savings with vendors, and managing non-conformances.
- Experience with internal audits and cycle counts.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky