Lighting Applications Engineer
Location : Monroe NY US 10950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20366-BZ1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/13/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Lighting Applications Engineer to support dissemination of pertinent Lighting and Controls information throughout the organization to support the company's endeavor to remain a leading manufacturer.
- Studies lighting requirements of clients to determine proper lighting solutions which may include optimum illumination with economy of installation and operation as well as abiding with local building and energy codes.
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone and emails.
- Communicate directly with representatives, specifiers and customers to help them understand proper usage and installation of lighting products.
- Participates in research and development activities concerning latest technical developments as it pertains to Lighting and Controls as well as latest application techniques.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing submissions related to specific job requirements.
- Prepares customer layout drawings and quote submissions, including track layout drawings and bills of materials (BOMs).
- Involvement in feasibility and costing as well as final review of customized product to ensure it meets customer requirements.
- Plans and schedules levels of customer support according to planned product release schedules.
- Uses engineering and design software (Solidworks,AutoCad, AGI32, Visio, MicroSoft Office,etc.)to perform lighting and controls engineering tasks.
Required Qualifications :
- Experience with Lighting and Controls applications and design.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret specifications, architectural and electrical drawings and take off blueprints.
- Experience with design and drafting of wiring diagrams, electrical design and lighting layouts.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of electricity and electrical trouble shooting.
- Experience with engineering design and technical drawing.
- Solid working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of AGI32, and Revit design software preferred.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky