Lighting Controls Designer
Location : Monroe NY US 10950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20365-BZ1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/13/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Lighting Controls Specialist to design and draft project submittal documentation to support projects and design build projects as required for commercial and industrial lighting projects in a CAD environment.
- Performing CAD design and other assignments under the direction of the Controls Supervisor in the controls team interpreting markups and generating accurate drawings.
- Performing drafting of tasks based on input from Controls Supervisor or Outside Sales Specialists for integration into specifications and/or installations.
- Performing drawing revisions and tracking changes throughout the submittal process.
- Assist the Sales team in quoting electrical controls portions of projects.
- Responsible for some aspects of electrical/control system design, specification, testing, and customer demonstration.
- Create bills of material, one-line schematics, electrical drawings, etc. using software (AGI32, AutoCad, etc.) in support of the lighting control design.
- Responsible for field service and start-up, consisting of start-up, checkout, commissioning, troubleshooting, equipment placement and repair, training, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of a broad range of product offerings from lighting and controls vendors.
- Provide lighting controls layouts and product crosses in support of the specification, electrical design and design build areas of the construction industry.
- Read specifications, architectural and electrical drawings and provide take-offs of lighting controls for estimating purposes.
- Set up or program basic control systems to customer specifications.
- Respond to field troubleshooting inquiries and work with factory representatives to ensure resolution of problems and guarantee customer satisfaction.
Required Qualifications :
- Ability to read, understand and interpret specifications, architectural and electrical drawings and take off blueprints.
- Experience with design and drafting of wiring diagrams, electrical design and lighting layouts.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of electricity and electrical trouble shooting.
- Experience with engineering design and technical drawing.
- Solid working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of AGI32, and Revit design software preferred.
- Ability travel to customer sites for equipment start-up and commissioning.
- Typical travel is approximately 30% - 50% - with peaks and lulls.
- Travel duration for a typical start-up could be 1-8 hours for 3-5 days. Some overnight stays are required.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky