Machine Shop Supervisor - 1st & 2nd Shift
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20983-JF1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Machine Shop Supervisor to plan, direct and supervise the layout of parts and set up machines for precision machining operations.
- Oversee machine shop operations and personnel.
- Inspect part for accuracy specified by engineering.
- Ensure timely production and optimize production costs.
- Organize and assign work based available man hours, machines, and tools.
- Provide instructions, guidance and assistance to machinists.
- Supervise set up procedures, machining, and bench operations, including the interpretation of specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers.
- Analyze and diagnose machining and tooling problems to minimize downtime and interrupted schedules.
- Ensure safety procedures, rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintain an adequate and efficient work force in accordance with skill requirements, work levels and schedules, man-hour and training programs.
- Participate in the job evaluation program.
- Appraise employee performance and recommend wage adjustments or change of status.
- Assist and provide recommendations concerning procedures, personnel, equipment, or other improvements for efficiency.
- Work within the team to ensure accurate and timely response to customer requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- High school or vocational school graduate required.
- A formal apprenticeship to attain journeyman status or equivalent trades training.
- Special courses related to supervisory and administrative procedures would be beneficial.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a first-class machinist required.
- Ability to communicate knowledge of machining and machine shop practices to subordinate workers and maintain harmonious working relationships among workers.
- 1st & 2nd Shifts available.
Contact: John Forsatz