Maintenance Engineering Manager - Process Plant
Location : Berkeley CA US 94702
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20262-MM1
Compensation : 130000.00 - 140000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/11/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Maintenance Engineering Manager for food processing.
- Accountability for all Maintenance, Reliability and Facility activities.
- Enable site Operations to perform with best in class efficiencies in total compliance of all safety, company and regulatory requirements.
- Lead all site Maintenance, Facility, Safety and Reliability activities
- Utilize all resources (personnel & financial) to ensure plant operates at maximum equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Address all unplanned site downtime events in order to return site to "Safe, Reliable Operations" as soon as feasible.
- Work actively to assess any failures, identify cause and deploy counter-measures to prevent recurrence.
- Provide direct supervision and develop all members of the Maintenance and Reliability function.
- Ensure equipment availability to meet defined production schedule.
- Document all incident reports as required (EHSS, Quality, Service, or other) - Utilize a factual based incident reporting format with an emphasis on establishing a clear Sequence of Events (SOE).
- Create and establish controls to manage KPI's for Maintenance and Facility activities to monitor and improve performance.
- Lead and develop predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance activities.
- Manage site spares, stores, & critical spare program.
- Manage and be the "keeper" of the facility Computerized Maintenance Management System( CMMS).
- Site lead for utility system management including Natural Gas, Co-generation, Electrical, Water, Waste Water Systems, Cooling Systems, Ammonia Refrigeration, Industrial Gasses and Compressed Air.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of Maintenance Engineering Management experience in a process manufacturing environment.
- Firm understanding of Plant and Production Maintenance and Facility Operations.
- Key competencies around mechanical, electrical, automation and process control systems (will be the site lead for all).
- Knowledge of managing Maintenance and Reliability activities in a process plant based environment.
- Understanding of statistical weighing equipment associated with high speed packaging and filling.
- Strong knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems .
- Strong knowledge of automated palletizing systems along with associated conveying systems that support this type of equipment.
- Strong knowledge of analog and digital metal detection system used in the packaging industry.
Contact: Mark Manz