Location : Elmwood Park NJ US 07407
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19951-BZ1
Compensation : 55000.00 - 65000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Maintenance Mechanic to perform maintenance, repair and upgrade work requested on Maintenance Work Orders by operators, QA, Production Supervisor, Director of Product Development and Optimization or other staff.
- Practice, promote and recommend additional measures to comply with plant safety practices and procedures.
- Responsible for plant cleanliness and order for maintenance shop and spare parts inventory. Clear and clean manufacturing equipment after completing maintenance and before returning to production.
- Work order documentation includes parts and time used, Work Order classification coding and categorizing and sign-off on all maintenance work orders.
- Verify completion of Daily Maintenance Sheets and reconcile with work orders, as well as file of work orders, inspections, maintenance sheets in machine/equipment history file, and to maintain a history file for each piece of equipment including all maintenance records and periodic reviews.
- Maintain and recommend additions to spare parts inventory, and evaluate vendor pricing for parts and services requested.
- Perform scheduled maintenance or inspections specified on material handling and manufacturing equipment per company procedures.
- Participate in expanding written work instructions and procedures for scheduled and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain all tooling such as dies, formers, cylinders are in good condition at all times Help to maintain all tooling reference lists including cylinder, former and die lists.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or Trade School Degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience with plant maintenance for electro-mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Must be skilled in workshop practice, i.e. welding, filing, removal and replacement of parts from machines, including ink pumps, rollers, cylinders, pistons and heaters.
- Experience with simple machining, drilling, marking out, turning, milling, grinding.
- Experience with hand tools.
- Experience with simple electrical maintenance and well versed in safety aspects of handling electrical connections.
- Able to read and interpret diagrams, sketches, blueprints, schematics, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have manual dexterity required to operate machinery and power/hand tools, ability to lift 60 pounds.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky