Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20531-MM1
Compensation : 63000.00 - 73000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/13/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : High School Diploma / GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Maintenance Mechanic to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on food processing equipment.
- Repair rotating equipment, including centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, agitators, cooling fans and gear boxes.
- Install and repair pipe work, both screwed and welded, in stainless and carbon steel.
- Work on various types of heat exchangers, including the over pressure protection.
- Repair all types of valves and pneumatic acutators, and steam distribution equipment.
- Maintain and repair of plant utilities such as boilers, cooling towers, compressors and waste water treatment.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
- Test performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Execute work in a safe and expedient manner according to the following priorities: Safety, Quality, and Production.
Required Qualifications :
- HS Diploma or technical school training .
- Minimum 5 years experience as a maintenance mechanic in oil, chemical, pharmaceutical or process manufacturing facility.
- Experience working on various types of heat exchangers including the over pressure protection.
- Electrical maintenance and repair in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Strong problem solving and math skills.
- Strong equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), time management and organizational skills.
Contact: Mark Manz