Manufacturing Engineer - Electronics - Six Sigma
Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20273-MK1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/12/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining methods.
- Responsible for operation routings and processes during manufacturing, fabrication, assembly and testing of parts, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Interface with and serve as intermediary between the engineering design, quality inspection and production implementation functions with respect to new product introductions.
- Utilize 5S, Kanban, SMED, and other Lean tools.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new and existing product lines.
- Maintain records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Generate assembly procedures, special processes, test reports, other technical documents.
- Review and input to Engineering Design Reviews to promote testability and manufacturability.
- Develop manufacturing strategies for new products by performing detailed feasibility, project timing and cost estimate studies.
- Lead process development and integration efforts for introduction of new and redesigned products. Work with Operations and Engineering to develop production ready process.
- Evaluate existing fixture designs for special processes, assembly and test operations.
- Document and maintain processes for manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of Engineering Change Requests & Notices (ECR and ECN).
- Create and maintain standard work instructions and quality plans.
- Conduct root cause analysis for process failures and contribute to corrective action plans.
- Analyze existing production equipment and performance to provide recommendations for enhanced capacity, efficiency, customer service, quality and safety.
- Promote, implement and oversee production cost reduction ideas using lean methodologies focused on improvement of processes and lead associated effort to full implementation.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in electronics manufacturing or process-oriented environments.
- Demonstrated exposure to and application of a variety of lean and Six Sigma tools (value stream).
- OSHA safety standards, J-STD, IPC ESD Control Certified.
- ERP systems experience.
- US Citizenship is required as position is with a defense contractor.
Contact: Monique Kleiman