Manufacturing Engineer / Methods Engineer
Location : Saddle Brook NJ US 07663
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19775-BZ-MK1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/28/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer / Methods Engineer for contract review of all products to meet customer requirements.
- Contract review ensures that all customer flow downs, customer specifications and approvals are met and documented in the Bill of Materials, Job Plan / Traveler.
- Convert information into a usable format in the company's product realization system. (Product Realization).
- Define manufacturing methodology with design, manufacturing and process engineers.
- Write & edit special process procedures, operating instructions.
- Submit technical documents to quality for approval.
- Continuous Improvement of the process and documentation.
- Collaborate with quality engineer on technical documentation.
- Train personnel (examples: Job Plans, customer specifications, customer flow downs).
- Work with project management on New Product Development
- Rewrite or editing of documentation to capture changes in manufacturing method.
- Interpret customer specifications.
- Listen to inputs from production, management, quality, planning and purchasing personnel and use those inputs to improve the process.
- Ensure compliance with the standards and specification set forth by FAR and DFAR regulations.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience with industrial manufacturing and continuous improvement for manufacturing processes.
- Experience with manufacturing methods documentation, including customer flow downs, customer specifications, BOMs, Job Plans, etc.
- Experience with FAR and DFAR compliance.
- Must be able to stand, lift, walk, bend, and reach during their shift.
- Extensive use of keyboard and computers.
- Must be comfortable wearing safety glasses.
- Light lifting (<20lbs), climbing stairs, and pushing carts for transport of product and tooling.
Contact: Monique Kleiman