Manufacturing Engineer - Precision Machining
Location : Leonia NJ US 07605
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19334-BZ-MK1
Compensation : 85000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer for hands-on production control ensuring that all materials, drawings, specifications, patterns, fixtures, routers, CNC programs are provided to ensure efficient manufacturing of precision parts for rotating equipment.
- Produce detailed monthly and weekly production schedules for approval by the Operations Manager.
- Continuously monitor progress against the schedule and working with the Operations Manager to resolve any issues to ensure on-time completion with the targeted standard cost.
- Set Safety stock levels and reorder points to ensure that all materials are available as needed to support production.
- Accurately maintain the item master file in support of standard cost-based manufacturing accounting.
- Issue timely and accurate requisitions for purchased material to ensure timely order placement and on time delivery from the supply chain.
- Conduct cycle counting and physical inventories to ensure continuous inventory accuracy.
- Act as the primary manufacturing person responsible to support the monthly financial close process.
- Continuously monitor Work in Process to identify constraints and work with the Operations Manager to remove constraints to maximize throughput.
- Labor and machine tool capacity planning against production requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in production control for precision machining operations
- Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and specifications in English.
- Knowledge of machine tools and manufacturing operations.
- Excellent Computer skills including MS Office products, and ERP systems.
- Ability to work in a shop environment including navigating stairs and lifting tools and parts that weigh up to 50lbs by hand.
- Willingness and Ability to occasionally be On 24-hour call and prepared to respond to requests and emergencies required to ensure excellent customer service.
Contact: Monique Kleiman