Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19782-JF1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/10/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Industrial Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer who assists in the planning and developing of production processes, work instructions, build books, tools, fixtures and equipment necessary to manufacture products.
- Provides reviews of designs and processes for manufacturability and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Plans, develops, and implements production methods and cell set-up, including layout, routers and build books for all products including overhaul & repair.
- Plans and coordinates efforts toward the acquisition of needed equipment and tooling.
- Develops and maintains production standards.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of mechanical/electrical problems and test failures.
- Writes engineering change orders as required.
- Witnesses and evaluates acceptance tests on units to verify both the performance of the product and the accuracy of the test procedure.
- Builds manufacturing bills of material based on engineering bills of material.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering role.
- Familiarity with CAD (Creo or equivalent).
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with hands-on requirements.
- Ability to interact with and instruct a broad spectrum of people, including technicians, machinists, suppliers and customers.
- Knowledge of machining, material properties, etc. as it relates to manufacture of component parts preferred.
- Experience with aircraft and/or military equipment preferred.
- Understanding of aerospace standards and requirements preferred.
- Familiarity with AS9100 Quality Management Systems and auditing preferred.
- Experience in FAA/EASA certifications a plus.
Contact: John Forsatz