Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19867-JF1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/24/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer to plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes.
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, lean tools and quality control standards
- Assist with automatic machine CNC prove outs and develop or recommend ways and means of correcting deviations and resolving problems relative to programming.
- Supervise the formulation of cost estimates and analyze actual operations costs to determine reasons for variances.
- Audit work ensure compliance and consistency with established method standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Work with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Work with engineering management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Utilize continous improvement methods to effect work simplification, tooling improvements, tooling requirements, work flow, reliability of equipment, etc. for purpose of manufacturing efficiency.
- Develop, review and/or approve operation sheets for conventional CNC equipment to include both in-house and vendor production.
- Review drawings for correct application of latest specifications.
- Also make recommendations relative to manufacturability of components and apply good value engineering practices for cost reduction purposes.
- Design complete fixtures for machining and Assembly Test Requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or the technical equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing engineering in a high precision, machine shop environment.
- Solid project engineering, team and communication skills .
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced, machining operations environment.
- Hands-on machining experience with related equipment is a plus.
- Programming experience with CNC machine/robots using MasterCAM or similar software is a plus.
- Experience with ISO regulations, and Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing - Green Belt certification area a plus.
Contact: John Forsatz