Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20431-JF1
Compensation : 85000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/01/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer in a fast paced, high precision machining operations environment.
- Utilize Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools in developing manufacturing processes, assembly processes and cells.
- Assist with automatic machine CNC prove outs and develop or recommend ways and means of correcting deviations and resolving problems relative to programming.
- Supervise the formulation of cost estimates and analyze actual operations costs to determine reasons for variances.
- Audit work performed by employees to assure compliance and consistency with established method standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
- Confer with manufacturing management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods (SPC) to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Conduct continuous study projects on established methods to effect work simplification, tooling improvements, tooling requirements, work flow, reliability of equipment, etc. for purpose of manufacturing efficiency.
- Develop, review and approve operation sheets for conventional CNC equipment to include both in-house and vendor production.
- Review drawings for correct application of latest specifications. Also make recommendations relative to manufacturability of components and apply good value engineering practices for cost reduction purposes.
- Design complete fixtures for machining and Assembly Test Requirements
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or the technical equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing engineering in a high precision, machine shop environment.
- Solid project engineering, team and communication skills.
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced, medium sized company environment.
- Results oriented and ability to motivate employees through examples.
- Hands-on machining experience with related equipment
- Programming experience with CNC machine/robots using MasterCAM or similar software.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing - Green Belt certification.
- Some experience with ISO regulations.
Contact: John Forsatz