Location : Valley Cottage NY US 10989
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19827-MK1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 05/29/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, or Plastics Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Engineer focusing on continuous improvement projects, process optimization and quality assurance.
- Work on improvements for injection mold tooling, assembly equipment, secondary equipment, cell automation, new technology and overall operational functions
- Lead Production, Quality, Supply Chain, and Engineering functions.
- Lead, drive and document risk analysis gathering cross-functional technical information.
- Define lean manufacturing plans and other action plans to improve efficiency of the existing production lines.
- Work on projects as a core team member to facilitate the new installations, and new process flow.
- Ensure execution of technical improvements with the engineering team.
- Support and manage the Product Development Stage Gate process adherence, measurement, and Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Coordinate the new mold production process and assembly process to obtain mold and assembly approval.
- Work with team members to analyze production data to assess root cause and incorporate corrective actions in response to product qualification process, customer complaints and internal rejects.
- Research, develop and apply new technology to help drive improved Quality and Operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Investigate and implement cost reductions through OE360 Continuous Improvement process.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, or Plastics Engineering,
- Minimum 3 years of experience with injection molded plastics manufacturing.
- Experience in injection molding and assembly process along with managing the development, testing and installation of related equipment used in the manufacturing of consumer packaged goods products.
- Experience with supply chain activities, product flow, and lean manufacturing.
- Experience driving and managing projects.
- Ability to lead DOE process, data acquisition, data assessment and solution recommendations.
- Experience with statistics for data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally up to 20%.
- Understanding of Quality Systems, SPC, and test methods.
- Knowledge Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement methods.
Contact: Monique Kleiman