Manufacturing Manager, Supply Chain
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19972-JF1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/25/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manager of Supplier Development to ensure designs are created that suppliers meet design for manufacturability (DfM) and design for cost constraints.
- Evaluate production capability, supplier qualification, process and component qualification, technical roadmaps and reliability plans.
- Identify areas of quality improvement for suppliers, develop methods and tools to monitor the improvement and work with cross functional teams to conceive and implement programs of strategic importance.
- Work with product development, design engineering, program management and production to identify design constraints and make improvements to ensure design requirements are achievable within the supply base capabilities.
- Identify and mitigate supplier quality and schedule risks.
- Lead reviews of requirements, processes and product held at supplier facilities.
- Influence design decisions and supplier selection.
- Work with Supplier Quality to audit production processes, raw materials, and or sub tier suppliers to ensure that established quality standards are met.
- Conduct root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities, or other quality and schedule issues that occur within the supply base.
- Work with Supplier Quality to identify and evaluate suppliers for inclusion onto Approved Supplier Lists.
- Manage suppliers from design initiation through product qualification.
- Support purchasing in negotiations of cost, lead times and delivery terms for development and production hardware.
- Manage the make/buy decision process.
- Identify and lead the implementation of preferred supplier LTA's to support the company's long term vision.
- Manage supplier scorecards and perform Business Reviews with suppliers.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years component and quality experience with focus on machining or metals and plastics, welding, electromechanical assemblies, plating , heat treating, and passivation
- Knowledge in lean manufacturing techniques, including value stream mapping, kaizen, Kanban, supplier managed inventories, 5S, cycle times, single piece manufacturing flow and six sigma.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt a plus.
- Knowledge of the industry standards such as ISO 9001 and AS 9100D.
- Experience with the ASME code for the Nuclear industry is highly desirable.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to execute on and implement strategic initiatives.
- Requires 25% travel.
Contact: John Forsatz