Manufacturing Plant Engineer
Location : Woodland Park NJ US 07424
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20250-JF1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 07/15/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to create and successfully implement robust operational excellence capability.
- Lead and coach functional teams to identify and analyze losses and develop solutions and control plans using simple Lean Tools such as SMED, Kaizen, Work Standards, etc.
- Identify and execute activities such as specific equipment OEE, scrap reduction, (SMED, visual controls, Value Stream Mapping) and overall continuous improvement of various production lines.
- Provide technical support to develop and implement new cost savings and waste elimination programs and execute active projects.
- Lead the activities to document best operating practices, through internal analysis and industry benchmarking, centerline equipment and build capability in the core teams, proactively communicate key learnings to enable.
- Lead projects focused on targeted and specific efforts to reduce Planned and Unplanned Downtime.
- Helps develop, implement, and sustain various Maintenance programs such as AM and PM programs on production equipment.
- Actively support Engineering for all development programs targeting process of equipment, new products, recipes, technologies and packaging.
- Support new product introduction and major capital initiatives, providing performance data analysis to ensure product and delivery standards are met.
- Engage operating technicians in developing solutions and train/coach them on using new processes and ensure comprehension and sustained execution.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Engineering required, MS preferred
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing engineering experience, preferably in high volume high mix manufacturing operations.
- Experience in food manufacturing operations preferred.
- Experience working for major market-driven companies with exposure to best in class processes, and also for smaller, more entrepreneurial companies where solutions must be simple and practical.
- Experience with AutoCAD required, experience with SolidWorks is a plus.
- Experience creating and implementing manufacturing system improvements.
- Experience in the application and implementation of Lean and High Performing Teams.
- Lean or Six Sigma Certifications highly desired.
Contact: John Forsatz