Manufacturing Process Engineer - Hiring during COVID
Location : Wayne NJ US 07470
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20219-MM1
Compensation : open - 45-60/h
Start Date : 05/28/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Manufacturing Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct position for a Manufacturing Process Engineer for aerospace systems.
- Lead continuous improvement events resulting in employee development and KPI performance improvement.
- Lead problem-solving efforts to improve quality and eliminate waste in all areas throughout the Manufacturing areas.
- Working with the Engineering and Quality organizations, incorporate root cause analysis and verify that permanent corrective actions are implemented.
- Partner with Manufacturing leaders to "fill the pipeline" with continuous improvement projects (CI Funnel).
- Track continuous improvement ideas and the status of projects in the CI funnel.
- Perform cost / benefit analysis and create and manage budgets for new projects.
- Engage the Manufacturing team in the CI process to ensure that projects are identified, prioritized and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain metrics, analyze results and develop improvement plans. Assure initiatives are completed to meet safety, quality and cost goals.
- Identify and implement metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of process improvements
- Apply analysis to improve process capability.
- Teach and reinforce Manufacturing leaders and staff to identify, implement and complete improvement projects by identifying and eliminating barriers to success.
- Ensure that all CI related items are successfully and professionally communicated to co-workers, either verbally or in writing.
- Assist Manufacturing personnel in creating and maintaining processes for control of relevant manufacturing documentation (build books, work instructions, test procedures).
Required Qualifications :
- BS Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a complex manufacturing environment (highly engineered products)
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing or Six Sigma-based continuous improvement methods.
- Proficient in math, algebra and statistics.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Minitab.
- Must be a US Citizen or be a US Permanent Residence Card Holder as position is with a defense contractor.
- Skills desired: Root Cause Corrective Action, PFMEA, Kaizen,
- Gemba,Continuous Improvement, Gage R&R, Data Analytics
Contact: Mark Manz