Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift
Location : Holland MA US 01521
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21143-MM1
Compensation : 23.00 - 25.00 USD/HOUR
Start Date : 08/17/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Manufacturing Technician responsible for manual and mechanical operations to set-up and operate multiple computerized lathes and equipment used in production and for the development of specialty products.
- Participate in improvement initiatives to meet department goals and/or business objectives.
- Responsible for preform manual operations, preform mechanical operations. and glass working techniques to support optical fiber production.
- Perform all glass working duties including welding, cutting, glass set up preparation, over-collapse, glass etching, etc.
- Support and perform MCVD operation as needed.
- Operate production-tracking software and maintain production records of perform manufacturing
- Support training activities for employees in the Preform Department to adequately perform and improve their job junction in both glassworks and MCVD areas.
- Assist in establishing documentation for manufacturing procedures, processes and equipment.
- Etch preforms in acid to achieve desired diameter.
- Perform preform index profile tests to inspect preform-manufactured products.
- Modify recipe phases to have correct heat, solenoid and mode code settings.
- Check entire lathe and GDS and check for any leaks and broken parts.
- Maintain lathe computers by archiving old recipes from computer to the network and erasing old data log files on the lathe computer.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or GED required; additional education or training preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have good math skills (strong understanding of fractions, decimals, metrics, formulas, and the ability to do simple conversions and calculations using a calculator).
- Willing and able to train and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and convey work instructions.
- Ability to read GDS schematics.
- Ability to read drawings to ensure that product meets customer specifications.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude required.
- Experience with glass working, and use of glass working equipment highly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and process issues desired.
Contact: Mark Manz