Material Control & Shipping Team Leader - Hiring during COVID
Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20228-MM1
Compensation : open - 25-30/h
Start Date : 06/19/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Business Adminstration
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Material Control Supervisor responsible for managing all activities of receiving, storing, and shipping materials that support the production schedule, customer deliveries and New Product Introduction material demands.
- Supervise the supply of material to support the production plan and new product introduction programs, including prioritizing material receipt, inspection, builds and kitting.
- Establish Work Order priority and monitor Work Order flow through production.
- Coordinate job closings to minimize WIP and promote the accuracy of the production plan.
- Maintain the accuracy of inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries for production and new product development schedules while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Investigate and solve problems resulting from material shortages, however caused.
- Execute the cycle count process to achieve inventory accuracy.
- Coordinate the review, disposition, and processing of slow-moving & obsolete inventory.
- Responsible for timely unpacking, labeling, stocking, organizing all on-site & off-site inventory. Manage activities of the Shipping and Receiving functions to ensure the timely and accurate receipt of incoming freight as well as achieving our customer delivery schedule.
- Manage the Logistics Process including import and export regulation compliance as well as minimizing transportation charges.
- Responsible for on-time Packing and Shipping Raw Materials, Fixtures and Finished Goods as per weekly Shipping Lists.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Must have international shipping codes and regulations (import and export) experience.
- Superior leadership skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Proficient in MRP/ERP systems such as EPICOR and SAP.
- Ability to successfully execute duties under pressure from deadlines.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent negotiations skills, conflict resolution and consensus-building skills.
- Certification in APICS materials management and/or lean preferred.
- Experience dealing with small parts kitting and sub-assemblies builds desirable.
- Experience with ESD, cleanliness, inspection, approved vendors, multi-level BOMs and revisions desirable.
Contact: Mark Manz