Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Caldwell NJ US 07006
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20405-JF1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 01/07/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer for thermal imaging systems design.
- Responsible for design of electro-mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Simulate designs and iterate to a validated solution to ensure suitability to meet stringent requirements.
- Support introduction to manufacture on all related parts and assemblies.
- Setup and maintain bills of materials (BOMs) for engineering projects.
- Support manufacturing in resolving mechanical assembly and / or operational problems.
- Specify materials, vendors and / or manufacturing processes for designed parts.
- Provide competitive and creative concept designs and images to support sales and marketing.
- Support manufacturing with the programming of designs for in house CNC manufacture, 3D printing, or formal drawings for outside fabrication.
- Maintain the tooling and software necessary to sustain a competitive design environment.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 3 years Mechanical Engineering experience in product-oriented design and/or production environments.
- Experience with complex electro-mechanical assemblies. Experience in the full cycle of design-to-deployment product development cycles.
- Experience with supplier interfacing is a plus.
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD.
- Experience with simulation tools (e.g. Flow Sim).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Contact: John Forsatz