Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Franklin NJ US 07416
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19738-MK1
Compensation : 75000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/01/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Working with Product Development Engineers, Process Engineers and the Production Team and our Customers and Suppliers, on the design of molds, tools fixtures, jigs and equipment to build, measure and / or evaluate and test product.
- Designs must be capable of producing the product at the specified process specification and parameters.
- Design tools that could improve the process or the product.
- Work with the internal teams and / or external suppliers to insure the designs are completed, the tools are fabricated to print, on-time and at target / estimated costs.
- Participate with Operations, Quality, and Engineering on continuous improvement initiatives and problem resolution of issues that affect throughput, product quality, and deliveries.
- Organize and maintain engineering records of tool and equipment design.
- Design and develop Bills of Materials and prepare requisition for the materials necessary to fabricate the tools and equipment. Make sourcing recommendations for materials (if being built internally) or recommendation for fabricators (if being built externally).
- Review design with internal / external customers to insure compliance with requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in equipment and tool design.
- Knowledge of and experience using SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication.
Contact: Monique Kleiman