Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Mountain Lakes NJ US 07046
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20508-BZ1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/31/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer responsible for engineering activities related to pumps and valves.
- Responsible for design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, cost estimating and sustaining activities related to pumps and valves.
- Responsible for full product development cycle and will need to work closely with the Application Engineering team and be comfortable communicating with customers.
- Leads development projects related to piston pumps, ERV's, micropumps, rocker valves and pinch valves.
- Collaborates cross functionally to ensure all design requirements are clearly defined and met.
- Project manage new products through design transfer process.
- Design build and test prototypes.
- Manage vendors through the development process of mechanical and electro-mechanical parts.
- Cost estimating at multiple stages in the design transfer process.
- Works in coordination with Sales to strengthen relationships with customers and their engineering teams.
- Contributes to market research through trade associations, networking, corporate services to facilitate NPD and research projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years of engineering experience of mechanical design experience with high precision fluidics.
- Technical knowledge and experience with fluid systems preferred.
- Experience with 3D CAD, Solidworks or similar.
- Experience operating in a highly regulated industry (FDA, FAA for example) preferred.
- Experience with fluidic systems and detailed understanding of pumps, valves and manifolds.
- Experience with DFA / DFM.
- Experience with manufacturing processes, including injection molding and machining.
- Strong analysis skills (FEA, CFD).
- Strong understanding of materials, material compatibility and plastics.
- Thorough understanding of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M.
- Must be able to communicate and build relationships across functions and at all levels of the organization
- with confidence and authority.
- Problem solving and analysis skills (i.e. A3, 8D, Six Sigma, KT, Shainin), making decisions quickly to improve performance.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky