Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 20245-BZ1
Compensation : open - 50-65/h
Start Date : 07/08/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract to direct or permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer responsible for developing portions of the precision electro-mechanical systems and associated tooling.
- Develop sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and optomechanics.
- Design based on kinematics, dynamics, material properties, and structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis.
- Precision machine design based functional requirements and specifications.
- Collaborate with system architects in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build and test prototypes, generate detail CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers, and support system integration and test.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering required, MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 5 years mechanical design exposure to kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, and structural analysis.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization.
- Basic experience with mechanical analytical techniques, including "first principle" engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress / strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky