Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 21181-MK-DF1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 130000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/26/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : MS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer to manage multiple projects requiring advanced mechanical designs, specifically involving high-speed rotating equipment.
- Responsible for generating machinery layouts, from the conceptual to detailed level, and developing these designs all the way to initial prototypes.
- Oversee the generation of detailed mechanical drawings and other engineering documents for procuring hardware.
- Work with other personnel to integrate all engineering disciplines into the final product.
- Responsible for coordinating hardware procurement, assembly, and integration into the company test facilities.
- Responsible for validation testing of prototype systems.
- Responsible for proposals, project management, project schedules, budget control, technical reports, and managing technical staff.
Required Qualifications :
- MS Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Fluent in SolidWorks (experience using PTC Creo is a plus).
- Experience checking manufacturing drawings for form, fit, and function.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M.
- Familiarity with modern manufacturing and quality inspection techniques.
- Ability to work closely with vendors to procure quality hardware and components.
- Knowledge of designing with a variety of materials, including high-strength superalloys.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management.
- Demonstrated excellence in setting up and conducting mechanical tests or demonstrating a good understanding of the operation of mechanical systems.
Contact: Diana Ferrarini
To search all of our 100+ jobs, please visit jobs.terkotech.com
Please send all inquiries to DF@EngineeringResource.com