Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Point Pleasant NJ US 08742
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19696-AS-MK1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer for HVAC system design.
- Prepare existing system descriptions, narratives of proposed design alternatives, ECMs,
- code interpretations and other similar technical reports.
- Prepare mechanical and HVAC system layouts, detailed drawings, schematics, and
- specifications while exercising judgment in design application.
- Design HVAC systems for a wide array of building technologies.
- Prepare engineering deliverables and drawings including presentation materials,
- calculations, construction documents, specifications, design analysis and project
- completion records.
- Provide technical information and assistance to Project Manager and Division Manager.
- Check shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications.
- Respond to code comments and resolves permit issues with code officials.
- Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answers questions from contractors and
- Evaluate and specify mechanical products and their appropriate application on the
- assigned project.
- Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft subsequent site report.
- Ensure the installation of the HVAC system meets the plans and specifications of the
- original design and the expectations of the client.
- Assist other engineers and designers within other engineering disciplines to successfully
- integrate multiple disciplines into assigned projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- PE License Preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in mechanical (HVAC) building design.
- Experience with AutoCAD MEP on similar projects is required.
- Knowledge of Trane Trace, Carrier HAP or other HVAC load calculation/modeling software required.
- Revit experience is a plus.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
Contact: Monique Kleiman