Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20985-JF1
Compensation : 95000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/07/2022
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer for ball valve design for aerospace applications.
- Responsible for detailed valve design using SolidWorks and other support functions to meet manufacturing deadlines.
- Prepare ASME code Design Report using Mathcad software.
- Produce operability calculations in order to insure compliance to customer specifications.
- Assist and advise the Engineering Manager with technical information pertaining to customer specifications and manufacturability.
- Review, approve and comment on customer requested design changes.
- Ensure accurate and timely response to custom requirements.
- Monitor, control and promote the standardization and refinement of engineering software.
- Research on new developments in the engineering field.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience with ball valve design.
- Minimum 5 years experience with mechanism and electro-mechanical design.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of ASME CODE, ANSI B16.34, B31-1, B31.3 and MathCad software would be a plus.
Contact: John Forsatz