Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19720-JF1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 85000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 02/19/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Design Engineer for new product development and modifications for existing products.
- Design and develop prototype models and methods to validate design concepts and final design including required supporting engineering calculations.
- Validate design with team members and approve design changes.
- Report progress and unusual project occurrences to the Engineering Manager or Project Engineer.
- Confer, work closely and obtain the necessary results with manufacturing, quality assurance, production, vendors and contractors regarding the various aspects of product design projects.
- Work with engineering support groups to check final designs and modify designs as appropriate.
- Interact with all company support departments to resolve manufacturing problems and to improve product quality and the ease of manufacturing.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and opportunities in the field to assist with incorporating design innovations.
- Visit customer sites and contractors to validate product design specifications and to resolve product problems.
- Prepare project time reports as scheduled.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills - verbal and written.
- Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Experience with engineering calculations using MathCAD software.
- Strong understanding of geometric tolerance techniques based on ANSI Y14.5M-1994.
- Fluid handling device engineering (valves, pumps etc.) a plus.
Contact: John Forsatz