Mechanical Designer, Piping
Location : Mahwah NJ US 07430
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19966-BZ1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 12/08/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Designer to develop 3D CAD designs of capital equipment process and piping systems within GMP processing suites in customer facilities.
- Work with Equipment Project Managers, Applications Engineers or Sales managers on all CAD aspects of capital equipment drawings, layouts and documents.
- Provide process equipment layout, integration, and specification services for customer related projects.
- Implement vendor supplied models and create models where required for integration into system drawings.
- Prepare process piping layouts based on provided P&IDs.
- Interface with A/E firms for exchange of drawings and information.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes, in collaboration with the project team to ensure consistent documentation of the project.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation if service is requested by the application engineer or project manager.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, and /performance guarantees) for future reference.
- Prepare scope documents for capital equipment installation services.
- Keep Project Engineers and Department Manager informed of project progress or issues.
Required Qualifications :
- Strong experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D.
- Revit experience a plus.
- Previous experience with A/E firm or engineering consulting firm in pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in process systems and BIM drawing production.
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky