Location : Morris Plains NJ US 07950
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19937-MK1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/29/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Drafter using AutoCAD and SolidWorks for design and detailing of chemical process equipment.
- Prepares and designs engineering plans by drawing system, components, and parts for process vacuum and air pollution control equipment for a mechanical and chemical engineering company.
- Requires 3D SolidWorks and 2D AutoCAD for design.
- Supports the sales/marketing team as well as the project management/engineering team.
- Prepares rough sketches by studying engineering specifications, creating both layout and fabrication drawings of the systems, components and parts.
- Prepares final drawings by studying engineering sketches, specifications, and supporting documents.
- Develops a layout of the system, components and parts.
- Draw multiple views of the systems, components and parts.
- Depict relationship of components and parts.
- Identify dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances and materials.
- Must be able to read, layout and prepare P&ID, layout skid and fabrication drawings.
- Convert ideas into 3-D sketches to help visualize them.
- Modifies drawings by analyzing, resolving and incorporating changes.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and conferring with engineers.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years experience with design and drafting of chemical / industrial process equipment.
- Experience with 3D SolidWorks and 2D AutoCAD.
- Must be deadline oriented and self-motivated,
- Requires design skills and analyzing information.
- Should be familiar with pipe and piping terms, shell and tube heat exchangers, tanks and vessels.
Contact: Monique Kleiman