Location : Somerville NJ US 08876
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19785-AS1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 90000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/11/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Computer Aided Drafting
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Designer for mechanical and structural design for structural steel, vessels, ducting and piping.
- Responsible for designing, drafting and maintaining technical drawings and detailed assembly and piece mark drawings for large power plant equipment by utilizing 2D and 3D CAD systems.
- Design and draw detailed ducting engineering drawings that show required dimensions, tolerances, and welds.
- Design and draw general piping layout drawings with supporting Isometrics and piping support detail drawings.
- Analyzes data or specifications received from the project manager and incorporate the requirements into the final design drawings.
- Verify that drawings are in compliance with project specifications, client requirements, and industry standards.
- Prepares bills of material (BOMs) for drawings created.
- Makes drawing modifications to incorporate internal as well as customer's comments.
- Review shop fabrication and erection drawings produced by steel, duct, and other equipment fabricators.
- Make a list of comments and interact with the vendor to ensure that the comments are explained and incorporated.
- Communication with the project manager, fabrication shops, clients, sub-contractors and other third parties to resolve/provide clarification on technology related issues.
- Provide detail engineering drawings from conceptual sketches.
- Evaluate constructability and fabrication practicality when finalizing design solutions.
- Propose design changes to improve the process to fabricate the equipment.
- Occasional travel (<5%) to job sites and vendors to assist with drawings and make inspections of fabricated parts to drawings, etc.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Computer Aided Drafting
- Experience with AutoCAD and 3D software (ie: Tekla, Microstation)
- Minimum 5 years experience with structural steel, vessels, ducting and piping for the power, heavy industrial equipment or petrochemical industry.
- Experience with compliance to OSHA, AISC, ASME (Section VIII, B31.1, and B31.3) specifications.
Contact: Alex Salewycz