Mechanical Engineer - Department Head
Location : Point Pleasant NJ US 08742
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19694-AS-MK1
Compensation : 110000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 15
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer to act as Department Head to manage projects for plumbing and fire protection.
- Responsible for project schedules and coordination of project work.
- Project types include education, office, high tech / R&D, mission critical / data centers, restaurant, laboratory / life sciences, and healthcare.
- Perform "up-front" engineering design such as development of Basis of Design and Basis of Engineering narratives, preliminary code research and Conceptual Design.
- Prepare or direct preparation of plumbing and fire protection system layouts, detailed drawings, schematics, and specifications while exercising judgment in design application.
- Review the work product of junior staff and perform final plan checking.
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of engineering deliverables and drawings including presentation materials, calculations, construction documents, specifications, design analysis and project completion records.
- Make recommendations as to the feasibility of certain systems or equipment, and evaluates products for their application.
- Attend preliminary job meetings with clients (owners and/or architects) to evaluate scope of work to be performed on proposed or assigned project(s).
- Contact various public utility company personnel to coordinate appropriate utilities for a projects.
- Respond to code comments and resolves permit issues with code officials.
- Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answers questions from contractors and bidders.
- Evaluate and specify plumbing products and their appropriate application on the assigned project.
- Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft subsequent site report.
- Ensure the installation of the plumbing system meets the plans and specifications of the original design and the expectations of the client.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- PE License required.
- Minimum 15 years experience with MEP, Plumbing and Fire Protection design, engineering and construction.
- Knowledge of LEED certification process, LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Experience with Autocad MEP.
- Experience with Hydrocalc or other fire protection modeling / design software preferred.
- Experience with National Plumbing Code, International Building Code, National Fuel Gas Code and NFPA 131.
- US Driver's license is required.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and access job site areas that are relevant to each client project.
Contact: Monique Kleiman
Date Posted: 1/30/2019