Mechanical Engineer, HVAC / MEP
Location : Somerset NJ US 08873
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20805-AS1
Compensation : 110000.00 - 135000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/22/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineers to support a growing MEP division.
- Work closely with various project design teams and customers to provide HVAC system and equipment design services, including boilers, chillers, pumps, AHU's, ductwork and cooling towers.
- Develop and draft basis of design reports.
- Perform air flow, heating and cooling calculations.
- Maintain detailed Engineering design files.
- Provide technical, communication and leadership skills necessary to effectively present findings and integrated solutions to the customer via written reports and oral presentations.
- Prepare Detailed Specifications, Contract Drawings and Contractor Bid Packages.
- Cultivate new client relationships and accounts through quality deliverables and effective customer interface.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (required)
- Working on obtaining Professional Engineering license.
- HVAC design experience at wastewater treatment plants is highly preferred.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED accreditation a plus.
- Minimum 5 years mechanical design experience with HVAC systems and equipment, central plant utility systems (chilled water & steam), or have equivalent knowledge gained through actual utility system operation at large industrial municipal, educational, pharmaceutical, healthcare or manufacturing facilities.
- Design experience in heating/cooling load calculations, pipe sizing and pressure drop calculations, centrifugal pump sizing.
- Experience with HVAC performance software such as Trane Tracer, YorkCalc, or Performance Estimator a plus.
- Combined heat and power analysis, energy conservation measures analysis, including life cycle cost analysis are a plus.
Contact: Alex Salewycz