Mechanical Engineer - Product Development
Location : Piscataway NJ US 08854
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20791-MM1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/10/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS or MS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer for new product development for life sciences products.
- Design and develop cost effective, manufacturable parts and assemblies that meet engineering and marketing specifications.
- Design, construct, and test feasibility models, prototypes and special test fixtures, as necessary for proof-of-principle and design verification.
- Create 3D models and detailed drawings using Solidworks CAD while adhering to best practices for managing product data files.
- Serve as Engineering Project Leader following company's Phase Gate Development Procedure.
- Coordinate and lead engineering efforts for new products and product redesign projects.
- Perform engineering design and analysis to ensure parts and assemblies will meet the need of intended applications with adequate performance margins.
- Investigate problems, determine root causes, and design permanent solutions, implementing them within the established EC process.
- Prepare reports and other written documentation to communicate findings to others.
- Communicate and interface within cross-functional team to achieve product realization, from initial concept through to release for manufacture.
- Keep abreast of technological advances in mechanical engineering, both generally and those with potential applicability to pump and other fluid handling products.
- Apply current techniques and tools to improve design time, cost, reliability and functionality.
- Assist other departments in the resolution of design related problems that arise during production.
- Work with 3rd Party Vendors assisting with development efforts.
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise to Purchasing to assist in the procurement of mechanical components.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001; understand and fully support ISO system.
Required Qualifications :
- BS or MS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of current or recent experience in mechanical product design for life sciences.
- High-volume product design experience.
- Solid understanding of engineering mechanics, machine design, materials, geometric tolerancing, fabrication processes, and electronics packaging.
- Solid modeling CAD experience (Solidworks a plus).
- Finite Element Analysis and/or dynamic simulation software experience.
- Design for Assembly, Design for Manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
- Project Management skills including ability to create and update GANTT, Risk, and RACI documents.
- Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, working under pressure, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
Contact: Mark Manz