Mechanical Engineer, SolidWorks
Location : Livingston NJ US 07039
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19955-TT-BZ1
Compensation : open - 40-50/h
Start Date : 09/13/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Mechanical Engineer for sheet metal and stainless steel design for machined components.
- Responsible for design, manufacture and test of components, products and systems.
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies, delivering detailed, production-ready 3D CAD models and 2D drawings.
- Evaluate and select appropriate production materials, technologies, and suppliers.
- Assist in developing BOMs for selected assembles as required.
- Perform mechanical design and documentation of large customized leaded enclosures and instrumentation lines.
- Assist in evaluation of quality and suitability of all mechanical components and assemblies including inside and outside fabricated parts.
- Analyze field failures, resolving technical related issues involving mechanical products.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience in mechanical design for sheet metal, stainless steel and injection molded products.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of metals, alloys, plastics, polymers, composites, etc. and their properties.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of ventilation and clean room systems.
- Knowledge of radiation shielding materials and techniques.
- Experience with Inventor, Autocad, Excel, and Word.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky