Mechanical Engineer - Team Lead
Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20246-BZ1
Compensation : 95000.00 - 125000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/17/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer to act as Mechanical Development Team Lead, leading a team of 3-10 engineers and/or co-developers responsible for the development of portions of complex precision instrumentation and associated tooling.
- Work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and opto-mechanics.
- Research kinematics, dynamics, material properties, structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis.
- Expert planning to maximize available resources to meet challenging schedules and deliver the highest quality electro-mechanical equipment.
- Align with project management, manufacturing, logistics, procurement, supply chain, customer support, and other cross-sector team members and lead your team to design mechanical components of modules that continuously push the boundaries of physics and improve the performance of integrated circuits.
- Align with multi-disciplinary Project Leaders to meet quality, schedule and cost constraints. Ensure the design achieves a trouble-free product lifecycle via optimized configuration management, procurement, manufacturing, transportation, operation and customer service environments.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering, MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a complex mechanical design environment.
- Strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full "art to part" development cycle.
- Background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical systems is required, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
- Mechanical design experience in kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, and structural analysis.
- Strong leadership and planning abilities.
- Solid working knowledge of mechanical analytical techniques, including "first principle" engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress, strain, deformation, modal response, etc.
- Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills with a capability for mentoring, coaching, and negotiation.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky