Location : Mamaroneck NY US 10543
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19760-BZ1
Compensation : 80000.00 - 100000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 03/18/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer for product development for lighting products.
- Engineering development and design for manufacturing of new product concepts.
- Maintenance and updating of existing product specifications.
- Interfacing with the Design Department to understand product requirements.
- Engineering design/development of new products, including material/process selection and mechanical, thermal, electrical, and optical design.
- Generating 3D CAD drawings in SOLIDWORKS for manufacturing vendor.
- Clearly documenting and communicating design and engineering details for manufacturing vendors.
- Detailed review of 3D CAD drawings received from manufacturing vendor, checking for accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Mechanical review and inspection of prototypes and first-article samples, possibly including on-site reviews with manufacturing vendors in China.
- Generating product specifications and supporting documentation, including datasheets and assembly instructions.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Architecture, or related engineering field.
- Minimum 3 years of product design/development engineering experience, preferably in the decorative or architectural lighting fields.
- Highly skilled in SOLIDWORKS. (or another 3D softaware such as Catia or Pro/Engineer)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Contact: Bill Zukowsky