Location : Norwalk CT US 06850
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20513-BZ1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/06/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer for electronics packaging design.
- Perform mechanical design and development associated with packaging electronic circuits including, assembly design, analysis, test, and manufacturing introduction support for both new and existing electronics design projects.
- Understand and mitigate possible failure mechanisms associated with materials, interconnects, and environmental loads to develop a reliable design.
- Communicate with a team of multi-disciplined engineers (Systems , Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, New Product Logistics, and Product Information Management) for design and logistic release approval.
- Investigate and edit product structures, generate CAD models, 2D/3D drawings and be responsible for the final technical data package.
- Create, edit, review, and drive Engineering Changes to closure.
- Self-Checking and Peer-Checking department designs and change notifications.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience with electronics packaging design.
- Experience with design for AC, DC, Main power distribution (panel boards, boxes and cabinets).
- Experience with design for interconnect cables, bundles and connectors (harnessing).
- Experience designing electronic enclosure assemblies.
- Experience in sheet metal design.
- Experience designing for manufacturability (DFM) and developing assembly work instructions for low to medium volume products.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization (preferred experience using NX).
- Knowledgeable of industry codes and standards ( i.e. NEC 70, NFPA 79, Machine Tool Standards).
Contact: Bill Zukowsky