Location : Parsippany NJ US 07054
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19781-JF1
Compensation : 100000.00 - 120000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 04/10/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for new product development and project management.
- Assist with computer aided solid modeling and technical drawings, technical definition and support of technical requirements for suppliers, and technical support for end user and other customers.
- Designs and details requirements for mechanical systems including brakes, clutches, structural designs, and sensors.
- Identifies requirements for outsourced planned efforts and works with sub-suppliers on key development programs.
- Works with key customer engineering groups on development of profitable new projects as part of strategic planned growth
- Troubleshoots legacy and in-development products and assists with improvements and cost reductions to product
- Assists customers with development and sustaining products and acts as technical subject matter expert for mechanical design.
- Occasional travel to customer site to assist with troubleshooting and/or training.
- Supports qualification activities including testing, conceptualization of procedures, and validation.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to other engineers and disciplines.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering required, MS degree in engineering discipline preferred.
- Experience with product development and systems engineering activities in support of military or commercial marketplaces.
- Experience with Creo for design.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in aircraft certification programs and requirements, whether military or civil.
- Experience with actuators or mission systems on aircraft preferred.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication, organizational, and project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Business and technical astuteness.
Contact: John Forsatz