Location : Ramsey NJ US 07446
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 19755-BZ1
Compensation : open - 35-45/h
Start Date : 03/15/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Devices
Job Description :
- Contract position for a Mechanical Engineer for design and development of medical devices and equipment.
- Interprets customer specifications to define requirements for mechanical designs.
- Applies the 3D CAD system to create mechanical design and drawings.
- Develops detailed fabrication and assembly drawings and performs tolerance analysis.
- Develop prototypes for design evaluation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve design & processing issues.
- Design documentation using electronic documentation systems.
- Develops & execute design verification protocols and technical reports.
- Work with internal and external resources on fabrication, inspection, and testing of new product parts and assemblies.
- Develop & debug prototype tooling / equipment and processes.
- Develop test methods and fixtures.
- Train technicians and operators on new process techniques.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience with medical device design using Creo and/or Pro/ENGINEER.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly, DFM&A (cost/tooling/process considerations).
- Experience with design and development of injection molded plastic, sheet metal, metal stampings, and machined metal components, and assemblies with high part counts highly desirable.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and development using metric ISO/DIN dimensioning and drafting standards highly desirable.
- Experience with a solid modeling using Creo and/or Pro/ENGINEER.
- Experience in medical equipment / device design with particular experience in electromechanical, electro-pneumatic, pumping equipment. development.
- Knowledge in medical device industry regulations and practices - ISO 13485, ISO 7198 & GMP
Contact: Bill Zukowsky