Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19573-JF1
Compensation : 90000.00 - 110000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer to participate in reverse engineering, design, release and certification of mechanical components and assemblies.
- Perform reverse engineering analysis of inspection and testing results to specify dimensions and appropriate tolerances and materials for component parts.
- Research, evaluate, and test mechanical products and systems.
- Review designs for accuracy, functionality, and manufacturability.
- Use knowledge of aircraft structure, materials, strengths and properties, design criteria, loading condition and processes (e.g. non-destructive testing, corrosion prevention, fatigue).
- Coordinate component and material testing and analysis.
- Provide technical solutions for a wide range of fluid control components.
- Work independently to analyze, interpret, and translate source data into the product.
- Create test plans, procedures, and test reports as part of the component development process and compliance to FAA PMA or DoD SAR requirements.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in reverse engineering.
- Experience in aftermarket support.
- Experience with PMA, SAR and other aircraft component certification including DER approved repair processes preferred.
- Experience with SolidWorks is a plus.
- Experience reviewing and approving drawings, specifications, and work instructions .
- Stress analysis, strength/structural analysis, and physical testing experience preferred.
- Experience with standard drawing convention, geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T), and design for manufacturing (DFM).
- Knowledge of aerospace standards and specifications related to PMA and SAR requirements.
- Experience preparing quality plans, procedures, inspection instructions and training.
- Experience overseeing lab testing and interpreting results preferred.
Contact: John Forsatz