Mechanical Engineering Manager
Location : Dunellen NJ US 08812
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19950-MK1
Compensation : 120000.00 - 150000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 09/09/2019
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Engineer to act as Engineering Manager for industrial mechanical equipment.
- Must be very experienced with valve applications and designs ranging from very basic to engineered to order.
- Responsible for quick turnaround and sound designs that comply with industry codes and satisfies customer requirements.
- Work with our sales team to present technical expertise to customers, gain customer confidence and win orders.
- Work in a manufacturing environment, communicating with Manufacturing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Planning, Purchasing, and Finance.
- Lead local Engineering team on designing, creating BOM's, and drawings that meet customer requirements.
- Support shop floor by providing thorough and accurate dispositions on quality concerns as well as quickly implementing corrective actions.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Sales on custom designs and R&D efforts. Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs and codes.
- Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- Ensure product safety through proper and thorough design review.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience with mechanical product manufacturing.
- Extensive experience with CAD and SolidWorks.
- Ability to lead team to success by being a motivated, driven, self-starting individual and leading by example.
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills across all functional areas.
- Knowledge of ASME B16.34, API 6D & API 608, and industry standards for the valve industry.
- Proficient in ERP and PDM systems Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Relocation assistance available.
Contact: Monique Kleiman