Mechanical Project Engineer
Location : Caldwell NJ US 07006
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20780-JF1
Compensation : 65000.00 - 75000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 11/02/2021
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-2
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineer
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Project Engineer to provide hands-on technical support to the sales, planning, and execution of projects for the power, oil & gas and aviation industries.
- Detailed review of quote and bid requests including mechanical drawings, pictures, and field notes/measurements.
- Detailed review of preventative maintenance inspection reports and generation of formal PM reports.
- Perform cost estimations and write specifications for quotes, bids, and reports.
- Technical lead on projects, coordinate with operation’s team to ensure proper project planning and performance.
- Compose drawings of custom parts and equipment.
- Regularly visit jobsites to ensure proper execution.
- Provide sales and operations with technical support including onsite and offsite troubleshooting of any issues that arise.
- Coordinate with QA/QC manager regarding project execution and report on successes and potential areas of improvement.
- Occasionally attend trade shows, bid walks, and other events as a technical resource.
- Support in preparing company fleet and equipment for upcoming projects.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with project management in a related industry.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and late hours, when necessary.
- Must have general computer skills to include email and other business applications.
- Must have the ability to report to work on time and when scheduled.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
Contract: John Forsatz