Mechanical Project Enginer
Location : Maspeth NY US 11378
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 19396-JF1
Compensation : 60000.00 - 95000.00 USD/YEAR
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Senior Level and Junior Level Mechanical Project Engineer to design and engineer new products.
- Redesign and improve existing products.
- Work with outside industrial designers.
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, documentation packages and specifications.
- Prepare instruction manuals and review sales literature to technical accuracy.
- Prepare, coordinate builds and maintain samples for sales department.
- Research design options and perform experiment to determine feasibility.
- Create and maintain new product development history documentation.
- Prepare bills of materials (BOMs) and costing.
- Review customer specifications.
- Review compliance with ASME, UL, CSA, NEC, international, state and local codes and standards.
- Work with vendors in product design, selection of materials, processes and in corrective actions.
- Create/Provide input on assembly fixtures.
- Provide technical assistance to internal sales, customer service and technical service departments.
- Perform inspection of HVAC equipment and controls as required.
- Evaluate engineering, production and quality problems, test samples, analyze results and prepare reports.
- Generate inspection procedures and test plans and specify test equipment.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Less than 5 years experience for the Junior Project Engineer -- $60-75k.
- Over 5 years experience for the Senior Project Engineer -- $80-95k
- Experience with mechanical design and new product development for industrial equipment.
- Experience with Solid Works.
- BAS (building automation systems) experience desired.
- Basic Electrical knowledge, comfortable working on electric equipment.
- Basic plumbing knowledge.
- Comfortable working with hand tools.
- Familiarity with IoT (Internet of Things).
Contact: John Forsatz