Location : Plainsboro NJ US 08536
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 20133-AB1
Compensation : open - 22-29/h
Start Date : 02/20/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Contract position for Mechanical Technician for 12 months or longer.
- Responsible for assembly, fabrication, installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of large mechanical structures, systems and components.
- Utilize procedures, drawings, and vendor manuals.
- Position is with a large research facility.
- Participate in procedure walk-throughs and pre-job and post-job briefings.
- Responsible for work area set-up, job staging, maintenance, cleanup and tear-down.
- Manual material handling within established guidelines.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical assembly, fabrication, and machining.
- General knowledge of construction safety work practices.
- Ability to work under highly disciplined and stringent safety environment.
- Knowledge of various industrial construction and maintenance hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, drawings and sketches.
- Able to closely follow work oral and written instructions and rules.
- Effective communication skills to interface with supervisor and work crew.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, work at heights from scaffolding, and work near static magnetic fields.
- Basic math skills.
Contact: Allan Berman