Mechanical Test Engineer
Location : Union NJ US 07083
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 20267-JF1
Compensation : 70000.00 - 80000.00 USD/YEAR
Start Date : 08/07/2020
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5
Required Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Defense - Aerospace
Job Description :
- Permanent position for a Mechanical Test Engineer to design, build and operate pneumatic test equipment aircraft pneumatic components and subsystems.
- Design test equipment to create, control and measure temperature, pressure and flow.
- Support component, system and drive testing for production, R&D, and qualification testing.
- Responsible for the functional status, calibration, and readiness of test equipment and instrumentation.
- Support test planning, setup, data collection, and documentation
- Design, modify, or develop test stands, equipment, and test processes for specific projects.
- Plan, schedule and test complex hydraulic and pneumatic control systems and components.
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD-810 and DO-160.
- Develop quotes, select labs and supervise outside lab testing.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Evaluates engineering test data to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Creates comprehensive test procedures and prepares detailed test reports.
- Developing operating procedures for test equipment and test equipment validation.
- Work with technicians to set up equipment, test articles and facilities for test execution.
- Assist design engineers in executing tests and manage test safety throughout testing.
- Install, configure, and calibrate instrumentation used for data recording for drive testing.
- Integrate and debug test and data acquisition systems.
- Develop software tools to collect test measurements.
- Verify tests are conducted according to test plans & regulating bodies and document discrepancies.
- Document test setup information for test reports, including conformity/discrepancy records.
Required Qualifications :
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience in test engineering for mechanical systems.
- Experience developing data acquisition programs in LabVIEW & MATlab, Python, VBA or similar software.
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD software. Experience in aerospace or automotive testing a plus.
- Experience conducting development and certification testing of mechanical or electrical hardware a plus.
- Familiarity with ASTM, SAE or FMVSS testing and documentation a plus.
- Experience operating typical mechanical and electric test equipment a plus.
- Experience with multimeters, oscilloscopes, soldering stations, load cells, tensile testing machine(s), etc. a plus.
Contact: John Forsatz